Emailing yourself reports is a great way to save time because it automates one process in your life. If you don’t have to remember to log into your web stats, your brain can be spending its power on other more important tasks. At the very least, you can use the automated report as a reminder, much like IWantSandy emails reminders to you so that you you can stop trying to remember every task you have to do.
(Logging in isn’t altogether a bad idea, though, because Google Analytics is very interactive and offers detailed information. You can click on the state of Missouri on the map and see which cities your visits are coming from, for example.)
- Once you’ve logged into Google Analytics, click on “View Reports.”
- Under the large word “Dashboard” at the top, click on the “Email” button.
- Click on the “Schedule” tab.
- Make sure the “Send to me” check box is checked.
- Since you’re just sending it to yourself, you don’t have to enter anything in the “Description” box, unless you want to.
- Click “PDF” for the format.
- Set how often you would like to receive the report.
- If you’d like to see a comparison for the last time period (selected in step 7), check the box next to “Include date comparison.”
- Click “Schedule” and wait for your report!