Note: This post was accidentally published for a short time on Friday before it was finished. Those of you subscribed via email or RSS received a draft and received it prematurely. This version, however, is the full version.
Last Tuesday, I wrote about my favorite posts to write and re-read and your favorite Linden’s Pensieve posts, but today I’m going to tell you about 10 posts from my blogging friends that really touched, inspired, and motivated me.
- Four Surefire Ways to Write Magnetic Web Content: One of Sarah‘s guest posts at Search Engine Journal (see the other one here), this post is a must-read for any blogger or writer.
- This Love of Mine: Kevin at 5ks and Cabernets really bares his soul in this touching post that shows a non-traditional family configuration that is trying to succeed for the benefit of the child, and peacefully.
- Race Report: Kilauea Volcano Marathon: Frayed Laces set out to do 10 miles and ended up running 26.2, a full marathon. And she took 3rd place out of the women. I cannot tell you how much I admire Frayed Laces’s abilities.
- Searching for Meaning and Believing in the Midst of Glorious Moments: Olympic Marathoner Zuzana Tomas reaches out to the friends and family reading her blog and shares her most intimate fears about her upcoming marathon. This blog post is exceptional because not only is the post an amazing vantage point into an elite athletes insecurities (they have fears like we do?!), but also because the comments are just as inspiring as the post.
- Four Post-Run Activities You Shouldn’t Do (And Four You Should): An excellent post by Sarah. I would like to pose the following questions, though: If you are a runner, and a fat, overweight middle-aged serial killer begins chasing you, wouldn’t you be a disgrace to your kind not to run? Are you going to just stand there and take it?
- Sister Dreams in Color: I don’t want to say too much about this photopost, other than I am touched by the idea of photographing a beggar and by her response to it.
- Photography, and the Tolerance for Courageous Sucking: As I begin my more public foray into amateur photography, reading this post from another amateur photographer really confirmed that I am on the right track, doing the right things to develop my craft.
- Bone Chapel and Beyond: Capturing Kutná Hora: I could easily fill this top 10 list with every single one of James and Beth’s posts about their European adventures (which were often our European adventures), but that wouldn’t be fair (you can see a list of all their posts here). This is the post I’ve selected for my top 10 list because I loved the day we spent in Kutná Hora. The Bone Chapel was so unique, but so was lunch in the park outside a church, the fountains, and the cathedral?! Mmm, amazing.
- Katy vs. Wednesday: I don’t even know the author of this blog–she’s a friend of a friend–but this post cracked me up! And it inspired a similar battle, Sarah vs. Monday, that was equally as funny.
- And to Think I Saw It on My Long Run: Dr. Seuss and a running log combined–Oh, that Vanilla’s creativity cannot be confined. It’s exciting, it’s funny, it’s all about running, a tale of exaggeration; what cunning.
What blog posts would you add to this list?