That’s right, I’ve got a new job! I am no longer working only out of my home office (and I didn’t always work in my PJs…); now, I am one of three Executive Assistants supporting our executive, Jean, at Club Management Services. We provide comprehensive administrative services for clubs and their boards. So far, I am loving it.
Typical first day. I got trained on answering phones and finding answers for the most common questions. Then, in the afternoon, I alphabetized name tags. Bor-ing! But I’d rmust ather do something productive like this than sit around doing nothing, that’s for sure! And hey, I got some quiet time to myself too; no phones or walk-ins to disrupt me. Not a bad first day at all.
I took the morning off to maintain some previous responsibilities, then spent the afternoon learning QuickBooks and making sure Jean had what she needed for a meeting that evening.
Attended my first board meeting and helped Jean take minutes. Very interesting discussion in this meeting about an issue plaguing Springfield! I can’t say more than that, but I can tell you that I am excited about the prospect of learning more about what is going on in Springfield and what the leaders of various sectors are doing to solve those problems in a smart way.
I learned more about QuickBooks and the ins and outs of another club’s special organizational idiosyncrasies. Then I attended their board meeting. More inspiration about the good stuff going on in my little neck of the woods. I’m proud of how this particular organization is working to shield the ones it was formed to support from the ups and downs of the economy.
Quiet day, but productive. Our office is typically closed on Fridays, but I was hired to help with that. So I manned the office and even managed to help a few people who called and stopped by. Imagine that, at the end of my first week! Felt pretty good.
So here’s a few things I did this week that I either have never done or haven’t done on a regular basis in a long time.
- I wore make up. Every day.
- I was up before 7:45 am every day.
- I walked to work on Monday, and loved it. Unfortunately, it aggravated my knee and caused my ankle to swell up. Didn’t love that.
- I took short lunch breaks to go home and play with Rowdy.
- I have started making some new habits to go with this new schedule and routine. I’m trying to incorporate FlyLady cleaning routines with the healthy eating habits I started while working with Pamela. They aren’t prefect yet, but I’ll keep at it. And I will succeed.
…so what’s new in your life?