Thanks for clicking on the URL in my Twitter profile! If you are trying to decide whether to follow me or not, you’ve come to the right place: I created this page so that I could tell you more about myself than my Twitter profile allows.
About @xgravity23… in slightly more than 140 Characters
My name is Linden A. Mueller and I am an Executive Assistant and New Media Specialist at Club Management Service, LLC, in Springfield, Missouri. In the past, I was an online instructor at OTC; an ESL instructor at a German university, Uni-Giessen; an instructor at Missouri State‘s ELI; and a graduate teaching assistant with full classroom responsibilities in Missouri State’s English Department.
I have quite a few hobbies, ranging from the physical (running) to the mental (reading, writing, HTML/CSSing, improving) to the non-physical, non-mental (crocheting) and several activities somewhere in between (photography, trying to crack the 2x2x2 Rubik’s cube).
You can find out a little more about me on the About Linden page.
How @xgravity23 Uses Twitter
Now for my Twitter usage. According to @TweetStats, I average 6.4 tweets a day. I use @HootSuite to send RSS feeds for my blog to Twitter, and if you’re wondering how often you’ll have to see those posts, I usually post a total of 4 blog posts a week in busy times and 1 a week in slower times. I love retweeting interesting posts and replying, but I know that can get cumbersome, so I try not to overdo it.
I like to interact with the people I’m following and I want to get value from the raging river of Twitter, so I don’t automatically follow back in order to keep my follower list manageable. I tend to follow interesting, engaging tweeters who aren’t spammy with retweets, @ replies, and links (self-promoting or not); I want to read original, inspiring content from the people I’m following! If you’d really like to me to follow you back, just send me an @ mention.
Twitter Lists are the best! I use a bunch of Twitter Lists to manage who I’m following, so if you think you belong on one of them, just send me an @ mention.
Since you got here from Twitter, you might be interested in these posts:
- True Beginner’s Guide to Twitter Series: Basic Twitter Functions; Advanced Twitter Functions; Twitter On the Web, At Your Desk, On the Go; and Other Twitter Tools and Resources (a collaborative project with @sarahjoaustin)
- Trying to Figure Out Twitter? Try Our Free eBook! (the free eBook is a compliation of the True Beginner’s Guide to Twitter series)
- Twitter Guest Post on A Fool of Myself
- Hone Your Writing/Editing Skills: Another Reason to Give Twitter a Try
- Twitter in the News: The Gettysburg Address, Twitpitches, and Twitstories